Lifecare is dedicated to developing the next generation of miniaturized and implantable long-term sensors. We have a particular focus on diabetes and are dedicated towards helping the more than 500 million people living with diabetes. Lifecare AS is listed on Euronext Growth Oslo with ticker LIFE.
Our headquarter is located in Bergen, Norway. Our research and development activities are performed in Mainz, Germany, and we have ongoing development projects with partners across Europe.
- 16 years of management experience, including 6 years’ experience leading international R&D and product development based in Switzerland.
- Broad experience from board positions including as chairman and later member of the Lifecare Board of Directors from 2011 to 2020.
- LL.M from the University of Bergen, Norway
Prof. Dr. med. Dr. rer. nat. Andreas Pfützner
- Managing Director of PFÜTZNER Science & Health Institute GmbH, Diabetes Center & Practice, Mainz/Germany, since 2013
- Professor for internal medicine and laboratory medicine at DTMD University Luxembourg.
- Over 30 years of pharmaceutical and device development experience within diabetes technology.
Lifecare’s headquarter is located in Bergen, Norway. Our research and development is based in Germany with the establishment of our development headquarter in Mainz. Our development units include laboratories for MEMS & Sensor Research and Sensor Evaluation and Validation. The structure of our laboratories is adapted to facilitate and support streamlined clinical testing.
Based on strategic acquisitions, increased IP confirmations and broadened academic cooperation’s Lifecare is positioned to enlarge the scope of use for the basic Sencell technology to include a wide range of measurements for use in medical and professional environments, as well as lifestyle driven point-of-care measurements.
The members of the Board of Directors have international expertise in diabetes technology and legal expertise and are taking an active approach to the technical development and other operations.
Lifecare’s Scientific Advisory Board consists of highly reputable experts within diabetes technology, clinical medicine and endocrinology, physics and nanotechnology.
Board of directors
Morten Foros Krohnstad
- Krohnstad is a partner in the law firm Schjødt and has extensive experience as a business lawyer and serves on several boards in Norwegian listed and un-listed companies.
- MBA from University of St. Gallen (HSG)
- Managed Swiss company Osmotex’ sales and marketing activities
- Worked in Singapore for the world’s leading provider of integrated shipping services
- BA in International Business with Chinese
Prof. Dr. Lutz Heinemann
- Broad academic background with a special focus on research and development in insulin pharmacology and diabetes technology.
- Established the Profil Institute for Metabolic Research in Neuss, Germany in 2009 and since 2011 he has been Managing Editor of The Journal of Diabetes Science and Technology.
- Ph.D. in Chemistry from The Technical University of Denmark.
- Over 20 years of work experience in developing diabetes technology products, most recently as Head of Diabetes Care at Cambridge Consultants, Cambridge, UK.
- Is today also engaged as Chief Scientific Officer in RSP Systems A / S, Copenhagen, Denmark.
Hans Johan Hekland
- Master’s degree in economics from the Norwegian School of Management (Siviløkonom -NHH).
- Worked as Managing Partner in Sarsia Venture Management since 2001.
- Bbroad expertise in fund management, strategy, business development and finance.
- Extensive experience from board positions and involvement in the medical development companies and other listed and unlisted companies.
Scientific advisory board
Prof. David C. Klonoff
- Clinical professor of Medicine, UCSF
- Editor-in-chief, DST
- Medical Director, INST
- Chairman, i.a. DTM and ADA
- Chaired i.e. FDA, NASA, US army, NIH, NSF
- Consulting i.e. Sanofi, Google and Insulin
Prof. Dr. Lutz Heinemann
- Partner and Scientific Consultant, Profil
- Co-editor, DST
- Published 160 research articles
- Awarded ”Leadership in Diabetes Technology”
- Charing the EU founded project ”AP at home”
Prof. Kåre Birkeland
- Professor of Internal Medicine and Endocrinology, University of Oslo
- Senior consultant in Endocrinology, Dep. of Transplantation Medicine, Rikshospitalet, Oslo University Hospital
- Chairman Advisory Board, Norwegian Diabetes Association
Prof. Dr. Michael Huth
- Professor for experimental solid state physics
- Stefan Lyson professor of physics
- Member Board of Trustees Beilstein-Institut, Frankfurt am Main
- Member Scientific Advisory Board Frankfurt Institute of Advanced Studies
- Member Scientific Advisory Board Austrian Centre for Electron Microscopy and Nanoanalysis
- Member Senate of the Goethe University, Frankfurt am Main
– 170 peer-reviewed publications
- Experienced manager with a demonstrated history of working in the finance, banking and insurance industry with over 25 years of experience from Investment, Fund and Asset Management. Have had a variety of commercial roles within operation, compliance, sourcing, investment and business development.
- Managing Director at Nordea Investment Management AB, Norway
- Member Finance Expert Group, Bergen Chamber of Commerce and Industry